Registration for families with currently enrolled children begins January 22 and Registration opens to the community January 28.
We suggest you register according to schedule as we enjoy an excellent reputation for kindergarten preparation and loving teachers, and some classes fill early.
As an outreach program of St. Mark Presbyterian Church, we are dedicated to providing a nurturing, stimulating environment for emotional, intellectual and physical growth. We have caring, loving teachers and enjoy a reputation of excellent kindergarten preparation.
Approximately 80 children are enrolled in 5 classes:
- We offer daily classes for 2 year old children – Children register to attend class 1 to 5 half-days per week
- We offer two classes for 3 year old children which meet 2 or 3 half-days per week. More days can be added if available
- Pre-K classes meet 3 to 5 consecutive half-days per week
Classes at Claymont Preschool at St. Mark meet from late August through mid-May.
Extended day for 3 year olds and Pre-K is offered 5 days a week.
Summer Session for currently enrolled children is held 3 weeks during June.
We welcome children of all faiths. Claymont Preschool at St. Mark admits students regardless of their religious affiliation, national or ethnic origin.
Teachers and Classrooms
– Qualified & Experienced Teachers
– Member of National Association for the Education of Young Children
– Certified in Child CPR and First Aid
– Fully equipped, open classrooms
– Computers with age-appropriate software in older children’s classes
– Full Gymnasium and Multipurpose Room for indoor play
– Two playgrounds designed for different ages
– Daily music with qualified teacher in all classes
– Science and P.E. specialist teachers
– Enrichment programs from community resources
– respect and address each child’s developmental needs, abilities, and experience
– develop positive feelings of self worth
– encourage children to express their needs in appropriate ways
– learn to get along with other children by leading, following and accepting differences
– trust and enjoy adults
– develop gross and fine motor skills
– make choices, explore, questions & use their imagination
– enjoy books, music, and the outside world
– work with parents to guide children through these important early years
Contact Lynne Dauve, Director at (636) 386-5437 or e-mail Lynne at email@example.com for more information, registration forms, or a tour of our facility.
For your convenience, you may download a copy of the Registration Forms to fill out and bring with you when you meet with the Preschool Director. The Missouri Department of Health Child Medical Examination report or a similar form from your pediatrician are required before your child starts school. A current immunization record is required annually.
Testimonials from Parents
“From the moment I stepped foot in Claymont Preschool at St. Mark, I realized I was home. Yet what I didn’t realize in that first meeting was just how much my children and I would grow to love everything about preschool there. The teachers have cared for each of my children as if they were their own and invested so much of their time helping me along the way. I have been a part of Claymont Preschool at St. Mark for nearly a decade now, and after 5 children I can say without a doubt that choosing Claymont Preschool at St. Mark was one of the best decisions I have ever made.”
“When I first walked into Claymont Preschool at St. Mark for a tour, I was a nervous first-time mom looking to find a preschool that was the best fit for my son. As a former teacher with an Early Childhood Education degree, I knew what I wished for but hadn’t found it yet. I didn’t have to look far. From the minute we came through the door, we were greeted with warm, friendly faces. I loved what i saw in the classrooms – developmentally appropriate, hands-on learning activities that were engaging to the children, lots of room and time for developing social skills, teachers that treated the children and each other as family, and even a daily music class! What I didn’t see was worksheets! Hooray! I knew children at this age learn from doing and experiencing – not from worksheets – and the doing and experiencing is how Claymont Preschool at St. Mark goes about teaching.”
“Six years later and five children later, my husband and I know this is still the best preschool match for our family. Our children have loved it here. They were greeted each morning with an enthusiastic ‘hello’, ‘so happy to see you’, ‘we are so glad you are here’, and plenty of hugs! The teachers they had at CPSM are still their favorites – loving, caring happy, basically everything you would want a preschool teacher to be! My oldest children are thriving in their elementary school. They entered school confident and well-prepared. Their elementary school teachers recognized that they came from a great preschool. My fourth child is about to ‘graduate’ from CPSM. I am sad that her time here is ending, but I know she is ready to transition to kindergarten. And although it marks the ‘beginning of the end’, I cannot wait for our youngest child to start his journey with Claymont Preschool at St. Mark this fall!”