As an outreach program of St. Mark Presbyterian Church, we are dedicated to providing a nurturing, stimulating environment for emotional, intellectual and physical growth. We have caring, loving teachers and enjoy a reputation of excellent kindergarten preparation.
Approximately 80 children are enrolled in 5 classes:
We offer daily classes for 2 year old children – Children register to attend class 1 to 5 half-days per week
We offer two classes for 3 year old and three classes for 4 year old children (Pre-K) – These classes meet 2 to 5 half-days per week
Classes at Claymont Preschool at St. Mark meet from late August through mid-May.
Extended day for 3 year olds and Pre-K is offered 5 days a week.
Summer Session for currently enrolled children is held 3 weeks during June.
We welcome children of all faiths. Claymont Preschool at St. Mark admits students regardless of their religious affiliation, national or ethnic origin.
Teachers and Classrooms
– Qualified & Experienced Teachers
– Member of National Association for the Education of Young Children
– Certified in Child CPR and First Aid
– Fully equipped, open classrooms
– Computers with age-appropriate software in older children’s classes
– Full Gymnasium and Multipurpose Room for indoor play
– Two playgrounds designed for different ages
– Daily music with qualified teacher in all classes
– Science and P.E. specialist teachers
– Enrichment programs from community resources
– respect and address each child’s developmental needs, abilities, and experience
– develop positive feelings of self worth
– encourage children to express their needs in appropriate ways
– learn to get along with other children by leading, following and accepting differences
– trust and enjoy adults
– develop gross and fine motor skills
– make choices, explore, questions & use their imagination
– enjoy books, music, and the outside world
– work with parents to guide children through these important early years
Contact Lynne Dauve, Director at (636) 386-5437 or e-mail Lynne at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, registration forms, or a tour of our facility.
For your convenience, you may download a copy of the Registration Form above to fill out and bring with you when you meet with the Preschool Director. The Missouri Department of Health Child Medical Examination report or a similar form from your pediatrician are required before your child starts school. A current immunization record is required annually.