St. Mark pastors are available for spiritual guidance. Appointments can be made with our Interim Pastor Rev. Jim Poinsett or with Associate Pastor Rev. Susan Hayes by calling the Church office at (636) 394-2233. The Rev. Dr. William Russell, pastoral counselor, is also available to help; contact the church for his office hours and further information.
Cancer Support Group
Stephen Ministry has started a cancer support group. All who have been touched by cancer are welcome to attend. Meetings are held on the 2nd Thursdays of the month. This support group will be facilitated by Pastor Susan Hayes. For more information contact the Church Office (636) 394-2233.
Businesspersons Between Jobs
Businesspersons Between Jobs (BBJ) is a non-profit, non-sectarian, voluntary support organization sponsored by St. Mark Church and dedicated to helping Greater St. Louis executives and professionals involved in a career transition. Meetings are held every Monday morning at the church in Rooms 17 – 19 at 9:00am and are open to all visitors. First time visitors should arrive a few minutes early. There is no charge for the meeting and no obligation to join. Visit the BBJ website for more information: www.bbj.org
Members and friends of St. Mark have suffered many losses this year: loss of loved ones, loss of jobs, changes in life events, etc. Books to help us work through the losses in the library include:
– Good Grief by Granger E. Westberg describes the pathway through grief in a simple yet profound fashion.
– Journeying through Grief by Kenneth C. Hauck is a series of small books that take us through the stages of grief. Each one is helpful at various time in the grief experience.
– Helping Children Grieve When Someone They Love Dies by Theresa Huntley shows how children at various ages understand death and gives some positive ways for parents and other caring adults to help them grieve.
– 35 Ways to Help a Grieving Child published by The Dougy Center gives simple, practical information on helping children experience grief.
– Tear Soup: a recipe for healing after loss by Pat Schwiebert and Chuck DeKlyen is a picture book that affirms the bereaved, educates the unbereaved, and is a building block for children suffering from loss. This book is recommended to be read with children!
These books can be found in Section 152.4 on the library shelves.